Our program takes an individualized approach and offers:
- Individual coaching and counseling with a registered nurse;
- Our American Lung Association-trained facilitators are available at each class session to answer questions and coach you through stopping smoking. All facilitators provide contact information for between-class support. Our facilitators are prepared to help you create a stop-smoking plan that will provide you with the support you need to successfully become a non-smoker.
- Thinking about quitting - understand addiction and the benefits of quitting.
- On the road to freedom - lifestyle changes, reasons to stop smoking, and quit-smoking medication information.
- Wanting to quit - Create your plan to quit smoking and learn how to help a friend quit.
- Quit day - reward yourself.
- Winning strategies - what to do if you get off track.
- The new you - tips for staying smoke free, weight control and hunger.
- Staying off - activity and communication.
- Celebration - preventing relapse, celebrate change.
Funding for this project was provided in part by The Missouri Foundation for Health. The Missouri Foundation for Health is a philanthropic organization whose vision is to improve the health of the people in the communities it serves.
Our American Lung Association-trained facilitators are experienced in helping men and women become non-smokers. They can provide you with the resources and knowledge you need to stop smoking.
Belinda Krchelich, RN-BC, BSN, OCN
Tori Greving, RN
For more information or to register, call the James E. Cary Cancer Center at 573-406-1633.